Tuesday, August 7, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge, Day 7, Black and White Nails

For today's post I did perhaps one of the easiest nail art designs I've ever done, the plastic wrap technique. Basically, it's where you scrunch up a piece of plastic wrap, put nail polish on the plastic, then dab it onto your computer. A good, short video of it can be found here. For my white base I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear White On, which is a pure white and goes on evenly and has full coverage in two-three coats. All of the polishes in Xtreme Wear seem to have a nice, thick formula in my opinion. For the black I used my Migi Nail Art Black because I felt that it would be better to have a thick formula to put on the plastic wrap so it wouldn't smear as much when I dabbed it on. Overall I like how it turned out, almost abstract in my opinion. To make the manicure a little more interesting I put on Sephora's matte coat to finish it.
I like how my ring finger, pink, and thumb turned out more than my pointer and middle finger. On those two, I think I used to much polish and should have scrunched up the plastic into a smaller ball. I think anybody can get some really awesome designs just playing with the shape and amount of plastic.
Overall I think this is one of the easiest manicures to do and I definitely will be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment